Spektrum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)

Nach unten 
+3
the030
parazölchen
Vera
7 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Vera
Admin
Vera

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2291

Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) Empty
BeitragThema: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptySa März 05 2011, 23:44

Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 51ADRl2zw%2BL

Shift Happens Preview Disc A:

Shift Happens Preview Disc B:

Knowledge Mag -Interview:

Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) Dizplay430

German producer Dizplay is releasing his new album Shift Happens on Basswerk Recordings on March 28th. It's an epic too as it comes as a double CD package with CD1 featuring drum & bass while the second disc displays his ability to produce beautiful downbeat electronica with inklings of future garage and dubstep along the way. Dizplay tells us all about it.

Please introduce yourself...
Being 34 now, I've been a musician for quite some time, starting as guitar player, later also a beat programmer in various hardcore bands in my hometown of Cologne. About a decade ago, I completely switched to producing drum & bass. The first years were shaped through neurofunk collaborations (on Basswerk, RH, etc.) and extensive DJing around the world with my brother n.phect, who I then shared a flat with. In the recent years I've worked mainly on my own, with the final result being my new album Shift Happens.

Tell us more about Shift Happens, any concept behind it?
Yes, definitely! Coming from a musician's background, I've rediscovered my roots. The album's aim was to allow for more emotions, aka music, to add to the traditional floor-oriented style of mine.

Actually, the progression of D&B in recent years has been a bit disappointing from my point of view, with the only focus on floor punch. So I decided to release the album with two sides, one D&B and one non-D&B. By this I was able to show a wide spectrum of my musical vision, all within the bounds of some darkish aesthetics.

What's the thought process behind the title?
Change means life and vice-versa. I felt not only as a person have I changed over time, but also the music I produce. Also, the world seems to be currently changing more than ever, just look at North Africa and the Middle East. It just happens. Accept it, instead of fighting it.

What did you set out to achieve with it?
Besides anything else, this album has been a therapy for me. Producing takes so much time and effort and now I feel I've really created something lasting beyond the usual three months a typical single lasts.

Obviously, you have way more space to fill on an album, especially when doing a double-sided one (26 tracks!), so you have more room to experiment. Also, the album should be able to listen to at home and still work in the club.

I also took a different working approach by working on various tracks in parallel, kind of remixing myself for months on each track until it really felt good. Through this, Shift Happens automatically developed a consistent feel, instead of just combining singles to build an album.

Who have you collaborated with on it?
Because of the band background, I really like collaborations. Of course, it only makes sense when you appreciate the other one, because it's a constant struggle on the process, and which elements to keep and which to throw away.

On this album I've worked with Phil [Lost Sequence] from Zurich, which was really nice, because we had a good, easy time working on the two tracks. TGM of Basswerk is a great and very experienced producer and Cologne's godfather of D&B, we've known each other for years now and share a passion for certain electronic sounds. 1EON, the vocalist, is a former band-mate, so working with him was going to the core level in an instant. The same good vibes holds true for the other vocalists and collaborators, especially my brother n.phect who added the awesome The Syndicate remix!

What are you working on at the moment?
The next logical step is going live, so right now I'm cutting everything into tiny bits which allow me to form something new live on stage, featuring vocalists, etc. I'm really eager to be able to perform again, instead of just "mixing records", and technology has gone through such great improvements lately, it's pure joy. I remember thinking of this for years, and now the right sounds and the right tools are available!

Anything else you want to tell us about?
Check my blog www.neurocode.de

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.nogata.de
parazölchen

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptySo März 06 2011, 02:08

hunchback! whopp whapp Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 66455
Nach oben Nach unten
the030

the030

Anzahl der Beiträge : 992

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptySo März 06 2011, 06:50

von der ersten scheibe ist wirklich nur hunchback nach meinem geschmack.
vom rest weiß ich gerade gar nicht was ich halten soll. Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 350390 Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 160114

edit: da finde ich scheibe zwei wesentlich interessanter. Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 943178
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.mixcloud.com/the030/
basswerkhq

basswerkhq

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptySo März 06 2011, 09:44

OUT SOON! RELEASE DATE: 25.03.2011 (beatport, itunes…)
Dizplay - Shift Happens (BasswerkDisc, 2x CD, Cat-No BW-CD07)
UPC/EAN 673795100721

side a:
1. Mykonos
2. Don't Tell Anyone
3. Panoramic
4. The Angels Share (with Lost Sequence)
5. Whatever It Takes (with The Green Man (TGM))
6. Syndicate (N.phect Rmx)
7. Beauty Of The Naive
8. Hunchback (with Lost Sequence)
9. Punk
10. Dead by Dawn
11. Wisdom Of Crowds
12. Pandora
13. Coming Home (V.I.P Rmx)

side b:
1. Midnight (feat. Godzillaboy)
2. Mixed Feelings
3. Nuclear Daiquiri
4. Departed (feat. Leon)
5. Late At Night
6. Blurring
7. Can't Be Me
8. Electrodingens
9. It's Never That Easy
10. Just Signals In Time
11. Springbank
12. Them Rats (feat. Leon)
13. Too Early

Dizplay ist Drum&Bass-Ästhet. Wo sich andere Produzenten zu reinen Toningenieuren degradieren, steht bei ihm die Musik im Vordergrund - ohne den Sound aus den Augen zu verlieren. Nach dem wegweisenden Album "Beautiful Bytes" gemeinsam mit n.phect auf Basswerk im Jahr 2006 mit Schwerpunkt Neurofunk veröffentlicht dizplay a.k.a Henrik Wild mit "Shift Happens" nun solo ein wunderschönes elektronisches Doppelalbum.

Während er auf CD1 an seine treibenden Maxis anknüpft und dabei vielleicht noch ein Stück reifer klingt, beschreitet dizplay auf CD2 Neuland und setzt seine musikalischen Talente in einem Electronica-Album losgelöst von allen Formatierungen um. Die insgesamt 26 Stücke glänzen durch abwechslungsreiche Facetten und Detailverliebtheit, bilden zusammen einen Soundtrack des modernen urbanen Lebens, der Club und Sofa nahtlos zusammenführt. Allen Tracks gemeinsam ist der spezielle "Dizplay" Sound. Nicht umsonst wird der musikalisch in Köln groß gewordene Künstler auch als "Trentemoller des Drum&Bass" bezeichnet.

Auf "Shift Happens" finden sich zahlreiche Kooperationen. Neben Drum&Bass-Tracks mit Bruder n.phect, TGM (The Green Man) und Lost Sequence finden sich mehrere Vocal-Stücke, welche auch im angekündigten Rahmen seines Live Act zum Einsatz kommen sollen.

Mit der dizplay Doppel-CD releast Basswerk nun das dritte Künstleralbum kurz hintereinander. Dabei bleibt das Label seiner Linie treu, das gesamte Spektrum des Drum&Bass-Kosmos abzudecken und dabei jedem Artist zu helfen, auf authentische Art und Weise das Beste aus sich herauszuholen.

erste Reaktionen:
...lots of track's in here that i will play --- full club and radion support (Laurent Garnier)

...5/5 stars (Chris SU)

...Nuclear Daiquiri is my favorite (DJ Flight)

www.basswerk.de
www.neurocode.de (Dizplay's Blog)
Nach oben Nach unten
basswerkhq

basswerkhq

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptyMi März 30 2011, 23:31

Basswerk + Basswerk Files new Releases:

DIZPLAY ALBUM AVAILABLE NOW!

Check out the new Dizplay album! Dizplay is a master of electronic Drum & Bass reaching from Neurofunk to Minimal. The second cd is pure Electronica while the first delivers smashing club tunes. Buy the stunning 2xCD album directly through our basswerk shop shop or in various mp3 shops.

In Germany at amazon: http://www.amazon.de/Shift-Happens-D.../dp/B004LYYNPY

Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/de-DE/html/...A%20%28Club%29

itunes http://itunes.apple.com/de/album/shi...07/id426593626 or http://itunes.apple.com/de/album/shi...de/id419909808

juno:
http://www.junodownload.com/products...ens/1706875-02

www.basswerk.de

ALSO:

a stunning Liquid Jazz EP from Enea & ATP now on beatport:
https://www.beatport.com/de-DE/html/...z%20Volume%203

and

two wonderful melancholic tunes by Danoo & Kevin King/Jett on itunes starting April 1st
itunes: http://itunes.apple.com/de/preorder/...er/id423291428

or juno: http://www.junodownload.com/products...ler/1721003-02
Nach oben Nach unten
varun

Anzahl der Beiträge : 237

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptyDo März 31 2011, 00:48

find cd 1 nich schlecht ... cd 2 hör ich grad fängt auf jeden fall interessant an Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 943178

edit: just signals in time Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 512644
Nach oben Nach unten
Poldi

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptyMo Apr 04 2011, 11:07

super scheibe. und ist eben auch wirklich ein album, dass man ganz durchhören kann und das auch nach album klingt Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) 943178
Nach oben Nach unten
broken audio

broken audio

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) EmptySo Mai 01 2011, 07:09

musikalisch ist dieses Album auf einem level
wie es nicht viele Produzenten schaffen! ;)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)   Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk) Empty

Nach oben Nach unten

Dizplay - Shift Happens LP (Basswerk)
Seite 1 von 1