Spektrum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

StartseiteNeueste BilderSuchenAnmeldenLogin

In The Studio : Misanthrop

Nach unten 
AutorNachricht
biene
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 272

In The Studio : Misanthrop Empty
BeitragThema: In The Studio : Misanthrop   In The Studio : Misanthrop EmptyDi Apr 19 2011, 22:10

In The Studio : Misanthrop Misanthrop430

Misanthrop is a drum & bass producer based in Stuttgart, Germany. Over the years he's released on labels like Subtitles, Renegade Hardware and Full Force but recently he's been concentrating on his own Neosignal imprint that he runs with Phace. With Misanthrop's Sidereal / Latitude 12" imminent, we sat down to find out how he goes about producing music in the studio.

How do approach starting a new tune? Do you have a standard workflow of building beats / bass first, or focus on another part to begin with?
I don't really have a standard approach of how I start a tune. All I can say it's usually a fragment of a tune like bass, mids, drums or a melody that makes me start a tune. The importance thing is that these fragments have to transport a certain vibe to me.

Do you usually wait till you're in the right state of mind before starting a track or do you just sit down and see what comes out?
It depends, sometimes when there's enough time I like to sit down and just experiment without a goal. The outcome of these sessions can be very inspiring for future projects. When I'm composing a tune I definitely need to be inspired or at least in the right mood to make music. I think it's very important to have a certain physical energy when writing tunes, otherwise you won't be able to transport the same energy to the dancefloor.

Out of the tracks you do start, how many get finished? How many get released?
Nearly every project I start gets finished sooner or later. There are always projects which lead to nothing but I usually recycle the parts for other projects.

What do you do when you're not feeling inspired?
I always try to find the right balance between what I do. That means I try no to overdo certain things in life. This helps me to keep me focused in a specific timeframe and I'm not exhausted that fast. I don't do special things to feel inspired, I just try to be open-minded. That helps a lot...

READ MORE
Nach oben Nach unten

In The Studio : Misanthrop
Seite 1 von 1